Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Intro-spection

So on the eve of my quarter century mark I figure it would be a great idea to take a look at my life and really reflect about the choices that I have made...

This time last year I was entering my 3rd week of teaching altogether as a new career I was excited and frightened all at the same time. This year the excitement has worn off and I focus more on just tryna make it through the day rather than how can I make a difference! That is not exactly the mindset an effective teacher should have however americas youth makes it hard to like them. Ugh!

This time last year I was single and healing from some emotional scars. Some things happened and I needed to work through them. So this time last year God allowed me to open up to some awesome women! Realize that I am a jewel in His crown and move forward. This year... I am still single but no doubt healed from the past hurts that I have been through. I have taken on this new shyness trait only around guys though I mean cuz if you have EVER spoken to me I would say I am the exact opposite of the word shy! I can't put my finger on it but this year I just keep my feelings to myself... One patch of beauty rising out of the ashes of my past relationships.

This time last year I was surrounded by great friends and family and thankful for all of the people I have in my life... This year I am surrounded by great friends and family and thankful for all of the people that I have in my life especially the new additions that I managed to make room for.

So I guess I have grown since last year and I have more growing to do but I am happy where I am...

My beauty is still being made perfect

1 comment:

  1. you most certainly have grown! amazing! and maybe the shyness with guys isnt a bad thing. i mean can save a lot mindless fantasizing or getting attached too quickly yano. all about guarding that heart! miss ya and happy 25th bday old lady!

    ReplyDelete