Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Inspiration

I know that I have been gone for a while and I am completely ok with that! I've been out living life and only tweeting about some things (which is life!)

But a few weeks ago I was inspired by this guy that I was working with (that I totally had a crush on) to get in shape. His exact words were "I mean think about it, you are getting old and you need to be in good shape" After I cleaned all of the salt out of the wound he created by reminding me that I was indeed aging -a fact I rarely point out to strangers- I realize that there was a lot of truth in his statement. So of course I couldn't just jump right into getting in shape because a cute guy told me to do so. It wasn't until I saw Raven Symone and how much weight she lost that I decided that I should DEFINITELY get in shape!

I started training for a 5k! Then I was talking to my friend and she told me to add strength training to my workouts on my off days. So I started that as well. (I FEEL LIKE DEATH! But I shall continue)

So Raven Symone was my inspiration (and the cutie I worked with)

Then I went to a friend's house and I told her of my running efforts and she said "you know what? You just inspired me to start running again" She left her house and went to the gym. I was there with the kids (Don't ever ask me to babysit! We were dropping water balloons from the 2nd floor into a measuring cup!!! But I did cook dinner)

But that wasn't it! We of course started talking about dating and marriage and stuff. And she said that I inspire her to continue waiting on God. WHAT THE CRAP!!!

I've been studying 2Corinthians1:3-5

All praise to the God and Father of our Master, Jesus the Messiah! Father of all mercy! God of all healing counsel! He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us. We have plenty of hard times that come from following the Messiah, but no more so than the good times of his healing comfort—we get a full measure of that, too.

I'm just glad that I was able to help someone else in their hard time, while in the midst of my own.


1 comment: