Monday, September 5, 2011

Epiphany

"And then it hit me standing outside of heaven waiting for God to come and get me..." -Lupe

So I guess I can admit to everyone who reads this (myself) that I do not have the most positive image of myself. Apparently this is displayed in the way I speak about myself.

"Oh hush Shaderi, you talk like you are obese!" said a fellow volleyball coach. All I talk about is losing weight and things like that. I think I'm obsessed with getting in shape.

It gets worse. I also have a bad habit of saying things like "I don't feel human unless my hair is done, my eyebrows are done, and I have on a new outfit" If those 3 aren't done at the same time then there is NO WAY you can make me think that I am the least bit human.

If you did not break out into the song "human again" from the remake of beauty and the beast then I don't even know why we are friends lol

Well I have been keeping up with my running program and I am getting into shape. People have been noticing. One of my co-workers swears that she can see that I am losing weight. (My scale says no such thing) Every store I walk into a dude is trying to get my number. I mean this has been happening only the last few weeks it's crazy. I have never received this much attention EVER!

I used to believe that people wouldn't talk to me because they just knew that I wasn't about what they were about. Well that is NOT true at all.

Then I realized suddenly that although I shouldn't care about what others think of me, it helps keep my esteem high! I have never been haughty or anything like that but now I walk around with my head up high because I can truly believe the words that the scripture says
"Your fame soon spread throughout the world because of your beauty. I dressed you in my splendor and perfected your beauty, says the Sovereign LORD." -Ezekiel 16:14

No comments:

Post a Comment